Maeve Langford Smith - Healthily Ever After
Maeve Is a Chef, Cookery Teacher, and a Nutrition & Health Coach. Growing up, Maeve learned the joy of cooking with her mother in their family kitchen, using organic vegetables and herbs from their garden. Studying Culinary Arts, Catering for Health in DIT Cathal Brugha Street is where her passion for healthy eating began. After graduating Maeve learned the skills of industry, training in Bang Café under Lorcan and Gavin Cribbon. When she became a mum, Maeve decided to leave kitchen life behind but never lost her love for nutrient-based cooking, regularly creating organic, superfood meals for her children.
In 2011, Maeve graduated as a Career Coach from DIT Aungier Street, School of Business. She has helped clients reach their full potential at work while taking care of their mental health, finding a work-life balance to suit their individual needs. Maeve lived in Australia for three years and it was there she realised not just the importance of regular exercise for mental health, but also how the food we eat is directly linked to our mood and energy levels.
When she moved back to Ireland, Maeve immediately enrolled with the Irish Institute of Nutrition and Health and qualified as a Nutrition and Health Coach. After completing a business development course in 2016, Healthily Ever After was born. As well as promoting healthy eating for body and mind, Maeve helps clients with chronic illness back to health and vitality, by taking an in-depth look at their diet and lifestyle choices and making small changes that make a big impact on their day-to-day lives.
Maeve will be the resident chef & food collaborator for Hibernacle. Check out the recipes from the live shows below.
Niamh Farrell’s Brownies
250g butter melted
400g caster sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla
10 tablespoons cocoa powder
120g of plain flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Line a lasagne dish with baking parchment
3. Mix butter and sugar together
4. Whisk in 4 eggs followed by vanilla extract
5. Add cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt
6. Pour batter into lined lasagne dish
7. Bake at 180 for 20-30 mins depending on how gooey you want them to be!!
NEALO'S LEEK, SCALLION AND POTATO
1 tablespoon of oil
1 bunch of scallions
1 large leek
2 brown onions
1 vegetable stock cube
1. Roughly chop all the vegetables
2. Heat butter and oil in a saucepan
3. Add all the vegetables and sweat together on a low heat with the lid on
4. When all the vegetables have cooked through add water and a stock cube and bring to the boil.
5. Blend with a stick blender
6. Serve with a dollop of cream and some freshly chopped chives and parsley